Monday, March 28, 2011

April Rocks!

April was the one sibling I saw most closely go through the dating, engagement, newly married, having kids, and young/poor stages of life. And therefore, I think her experience became my defacto template for
going through them myself. Maybe this is the reason I found myself dating girls who reminded me of her on more than one occasion.

The one quality that I’ve noticed about April above all others is her genuine concern for other people’s modi operandi: their feelings, their thoughts, their motivations, their stories… she thinks long and
hard about them. And she tries to emphasize their virtues and minimize their faults in the most compassionate way possible. This skill, among others, has made me an April-devotee for as long as I can remember. Because of all the people she has managed to care about during her 40 years, she has cared about me like few ever have. And this is a powerful glue.

Happy Birthday April: from one of your adoring fans.

Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment