April, I thought your birthday was in December- as I had wished Happy Birthday in December.
I suppose that the first big Sunday dinner you and Kurt had made me over was in December. I figured it must be your birthday.
I remember the Temple trip to Houston, with the San Antonio Ward folks - the Dairy Queen stop over and the strawberry shake.
Enjoyed the many Sunday dinners when you and Kurt and Family while in San Antonio and also enjoyed the stay and the great home cooked food in Germany.
I thought the farewell Sunday lunch, (when you, Kurt and the M-5 left for Germany) - the Scottish salmon dinner tasted great (the salmon was frozen for 6 years).
The Thanksgiving Dinner (in Germany) and the cooking instructions & sessions was enjoyable with great food and the desserts - quiet a treat. Very much enjoyed the individual Thanksgiving testimonies around the dinner table. The take home apple pie you made for the Thanksgiving dinner (during the stay in Germany ) tasted great after arriving in San Antonio - had it for the next 3 days. The ride to visit the medieval German castles was interesting.
Thank you for driving me to the Kasierslauerten University Campus (Germany) - to meet the Advanced Research folks. Wondered how we got there in the first place, (in spite of getting lost very badly) - remember getting totally lost and then you mentioned, to me "tell me where to turn right, left and where to exit and l will get you there". I always wondered, about it, as I did not know the place, nor the directions and yet I followed your request and mentioned to you where to turn and to exit. Thank you for dropping me right at the door and on time for my meeting. That trip was a miracle.
The most interesting part after the San Diego dinner (Italian restaurant) with all of the family and your Mom, was - after your Mom made the highest complement to you and she said it 3 times - I hope you remember it and you smiled form sea to sea. I figured you could be one of your Mom's special. ( By the way, I had seen the Italian restaurant a little earlier, when the taxi driver drove past it, and it really stood it out as a place not to have dinner, and I hoped and prayed that it would not be the restaurant that all of us would be having dinner - surprise that was the place we had all had the dinner).
Always looked forward to your Annual Christmas Family news letter. It was a treat to read it. Your Summer Family Missionary write up from the Nauvoo pageant was always Spiritually inspiring. Wondered how you missed going on a Mission. Well you are making up for that at the Summer Nauvoo pageant with the Family.
The most important is your own miracle - the gift of life. I really did not think you will make it through your heart surgery and you did and THAT IS A MIRACLE from Prayers. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Miracle Lady, wishing you many happy ones to come without the heart surgery and tons and tons of Happiness. Keep up the Missionary Spirit.
Best wishes and kind regards.
Prem
No comments:
Post a Comment