Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A little BYU kismet

    I still remember that first Sunday in September of 1989 when I heard a girl introduce herself during Sunday School in my BYU ward.  In her sweet southern accent, a voice from behind me said, "Hi! I am April Sessions and I'm from Virginia."  I remember thinking that it just couldn't be that girl I met years ago who was the daughter of my mom's schoolgirl friend.  Could it be the girl who trapsed through Civil War fields with me so many years ago?    Was this Mike's daughter?   The "DO YOU KNOW" game seemed to work in the LDS circle, so I took the chance and low and behold...it was you!
    I don't think it was chance that we met as young adults in that Sunday School class.  We were both surprised and challenged by our call to the RS presidency.  What a great opportunity to share that experience with you!   I remember the day you and Kurt became engaged and then married.  What fun memories!Although years (and years and years) have past, I still am so glad to call you my friend.  You were an example of strength to me at 18 and you continue to be an example of strength to me at 40.
    I wish you the bestest 40th birthday a girl can have!  Happy Birthday April!!
 
Love, Collette Bevan Blackwelder

No comments:

Post a Comment