Hi April
When we moved here to Virginia nearly 25 years ago, your family was one of the first we got to know. Your parents were taking care of the house we rented in town and your oldest brother Clark babysat a few times for us. I remember you as a beautiful young woman in the ward, exemplifying everything I hoped my daughter Amber, would someday become. Today you are a beautiful wife & mother with children of your own.
It is amazing to me that 25 years ago that I was a young mother with 3 babies and you were a teenager – then it seemed like we had nothing in common, but in reality we are only 7 years apart and now we share the joys of marriage & motherhood.
Recently I was writing to a friend about how much I enjoyed my life these last few years – that although I was getting old and all that that entails - that when I looked in the mirror I felt I looked better that I had when I was younger chasing my children everywhere. So don’t regret turning 40 – rejoice in the days & years to come – you can now have time to do your hair & make-up because the babies can do their own, you can take a leisurely shower or bath voluntarily, not because while giving the children one you got wet too and you can have quiet evenings at home alone with your husband, because the kids can drive themselves to the stake dances and so much more.
Have a wonderful birthday!
All my love ~ Helen Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment