What a great idea and way to honor a fantastic person!
We’ve known the Andreasons since 1994 and our time at the Uniformed Services University. With a maiden name that started with an “A,” Kurt and I were often in the same rooms for labs, but it was when we spent time together at Eglin AFB that I really got to know the Andreasons – a smaller group than they are now, but what an impression even then! What a wonderful family, and they welcomed me readily into their lives. I was so touched when they trusted me enough to babysit during our time there. After graduation, it’s easy to lose touch with people. Somehow, our paths managed to cross at opportune times – in San Antonio as they were PCS’ing there and we were moving to Ramstein, and then again in Germany around the time they were arriving and we were leaving. I half-imagined they would find their way to DC since that’s our latest gig, but there were other plans in store.
I think what strikes me most about April and Kurt is that they are kind, devout, graceful and gracious, and with them, there is always room for one more. Those same traits exist in their children, and that says a lot about how they are as parents. As for the woman on whom this spotlight shines, she has a quiet strength, steadfast faith, and a great sense of humor. Those holiday letters are the best! As for her strength and perseverance, that was certainly illustrated this past year, and I take “heart” (sorry, I’m not sure how symbols would translate into the blog) that in life’s challenges (as well as successes), one has the opportunity to truly shine. April’s light shines bright!
April, wishing you all the best on your 40th and beyond! Congratulations!
Jocelyn, Matt & Michael Kilgore
Alexandria, VA
No comments:
Post a Comment