Happy Birthday, April!
I just want to let you know that you made me grow up too fast. I remember sitting in a school Christmas assembly in 4th grade and was called out to the office because I had a phone call. It was Mom informing me that at the ripe old age of 10, I had become a uncle for the first time. I was so excited to be an uncle and I actually got to play with babies and toddlers the rest of my adolescence thanks to you. Most people hit that aunt/uncle milestone sometime after high school or in early adulthood. I was, however, the only uncle of multiple nieces and nephews on the playground.
As long as I am clearing the air, I would like to extend my gratitude for making me wear a tuxedo with a turquoise cumber bun when I was only 7 years old. Mom informed me before the wedding and reception that the tuxedo had special powers and I could not misbehave in one.
Not related to make me grow up too fast, I do want to highlight some special memories that I have.
I think it was spring break in either 6th or 7th grade I came and spent the week with you in Germantown. I remember not being the most talkative kid at that point, but I did enjoy spending that time with you.
I loved driving with you back from San Diego to San Antonio after Christmas one year. I think I only had my learners permit then and I will give you the credit for giving me enough experience to start driving.
And finally, thanks to you, I was able to spend an awesome two weeks in Germany. I loved reacquainting myself with your family after my mission. It was so generous for you to drive me all around the country and seeing some great sights.
Thanks for being a great example and loving sister. Hope you have a wonderful birthday!!!
Love, Logan
No comments:
Post a Comment