I met you during one of the most difficult times of a teenager's life. My family moved from NC to VA right in the middle of my SENIOR year of high school. Since we all have been through high school, I don't even need to explain why that was such a traumatic experience for me. My first memory of you was during the time that my family was staying in a hotel in Fredericksburg before the closing of our new home. You and some of the other youth in the ward came to meet me and welcome me into the ward. I felt an instant connection to you and your genuine concern for me. We formed a great friendship with so many great memories. One that will always stick out in my mind is the night that 6 or 8 of us ended up at the North Stafford High School Football field just playing around and being goofy and it started to rain. Do you remember how we made a tent with the pole vault mats and stayed there the whole night? I'm still not sure where our parents thought we were that night ;-). The youth of the Fredericksburg ward are what kept me going when I could have otherwise been miserable, not to mention that you guys are the ones that introduced me to Richard. I just want you to know that I have enjoyed being able to call you friend all of these years; in VA, at BYU and even now you are still able to put a smile on my face whenever we have the chance to talk . Thank you for being the kind of friend that I will always cherish! Welcome to the 40 Club!!
Love you lots,
Alana Turner Yeoman
No comments:
Post a Comment